This course aims to show how songwriters create a finished song from scratch. It introduces the basics of melody composing, music theory, music arrangement, recording and mixing techniques in today’s contemporary music. For anyone with no or little music background, this course will provide relevant skills to help you along your musical journey.
Students will learn:
- Fundamentals of Music theory including chord progressions, key signatures and basic keyboard skills.
- Introduction to melody composing, hooks & motifs.
- Fundamentals of music arrangement and the art of recording within the DAW (Digital Audio Workstation).
- Art & Science of Vocal Recordings and how to get a great vocal performance.
- Introduction to Mixing & Mastering.
- Hit Songwriting Essentials from Melody Composing to Music Arrangement to Final Mix.
After the completion of the 12-hour course, students are required to compose one simple demo consisting of vocal melody and keyboard accompaniment (minimum requirement). Demo is to be submitted within a week (lyrics not necessary). The Principal or Academic Board Member of The Songwriter Music College will assess the students’ demos.
- 2-Week Part Time Course
- 3 hrs x 4 sessions
- At least 16 years old
- Proficient in English
- Course fee: S$577.80
Fee is inclusive of GST.
- 7.00pm – 10.00pm
Talk to us
Make an enquiry and we will respond within 3 working days