Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course:
The Songwriter Music College (TSMC) will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or (vi) The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons:
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated above, TSMC will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table below.
Refund During Cooling-Off Period:
TSMC will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties. The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in table below) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to TSMC within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
|% of [the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C]
||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:
||more than 28 days before the Course Commencement Date
||before, but not more than 28 days before the Course Commencement Date
||after, but not more than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date
||more than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date
*Note: one-time Application Fee is non-refundable
It is the responsibility of the student to formally apply for a transfer or withdrawal from a course and request for refund if applicable.
The General Manager or designate will interview students who make withdrawal requests to understand their concerns.
The Finance Department will make payment within 7 working days of receiving the written refund request, and the student will be informed to collect the cheque.
A Transfer is when a student transfers from one course to another within TSMC. Upon transferring, the Student Contract of the previous course is terminated and a new Student Contract is executed.
For students who would like to withdraw their application from their original course and reapply for a new course before course commencement, they can write a written request or fill up a withdrawal request form and forwarded to the Student Services Department.
Students who wish to change to a new course after their course commencement date (without completion of course) can also write in a formal request or fill up the Withdrawal Request form and forwarded to the Student Services Department.
Please refer to section on “Refund for withdrawal due to other reasons” from the Refund Policy in the Student Contract in relation to the calculation of refund (if applicable).
A Withdrawal is when a student terminates the student contract (before expiry) with TSMC and ceases to be a student of TSMC. Upon withdrawal, the Student Contract is terminated.
Students have to formally apply for a withdrawal from a course. Students could fill in the Withdrawal Request form and forward to the Student Services Department.
For Withdrawal cases, depending on the nature of withdrawal, please refer to the section on “Refund for withdrawal due to other reasons” or “Refund during Cooling-Off Period” in the Student Contract.